Life of a Teenager

Monday, August 07, 2006

Marching Band

Well, marching band has begun. Meaning spending hours out in the hot sun sweating to death while playing my snare (not tri.. so sad..). Usually we just find some shade to practice in and practice there, but now the band has started coming (the first week it was just percussion) and we need to practice marching. The parades are really fun, but the practices are tiresome and, well, boring. And to add to that, all the other snares can't play worth their life. The percussion plays something called the cadence, while the rest of the band just marches, and at first it sounded really cool, when it was just me and my friend (who is the only other snare that can actually play good) playing for the snares. When the other three joined in, it didn't sound so good. So our band director changed one part of it so it was easier, and more boring and too easy. Then when I come back from vacation, he had changed it again and taken all the rolls out of the cadence! That made me mad. So anyway I'll just suck it up and hope the cadence in high school next year is better.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hang in there Merv! I hope your vacation was more enjoyable. I enjoyed our time together.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Merv said...

Thanks!

1:44 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

Bummer! I actually wish the cadence was a bit harder than you wanted. So you would be forced to stretch a bit. I guess the newer players will catch up with the more experienced players eventually. And they won't be in the 8th grade band. You'll just have to play the "cooler" stuff there, I guess.

1:47 PM  
Blogger Nettie said...

Hey, buddy. I tagged you!

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Buy lots of deoderant for those hot sweaty practices!! You can always practice jazzing up your own cadence when not at school.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's Merv? Did we lose him?

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home