Life of a Teenager

Saturday, June 03, 2006

"Almost perfect, but not quite."


In marching band I play the drums, and last year I played the snare drum. This year I wanted to play a new instrument called the tri-toms or tri's for short.
So I tried out for the tri's, but so did three other people. Unfortunately we only have three tri's at our school, and guess who didn't make it. Me. So I was pretty mad. But the good thing is that the day we figured out who did and who didnt make the part is that the band and choir members went to an amusement park for a "reward", so that took my mind of it instead of being mad all day in school.

5 Comments:

Blogger Nettie said...

I'm sorry, Marvin. I know you are disappointed. I'm sure this is just a bump in the road on your way to becoming a great drummer, though. Oh, and your Dad says to stop whining. ;)

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't give up Merv! I heard today that things that seem hard for us are just hidden talents. If we want to do something and do it well, we just need to work a little harder at it. Keep on practicing, you will get there.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Shhhhhhhh! said...

I'm sure that you will do great things with your life considering you are such a great kid.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Blackeyedsue said...

They don't know what they are missing! You have so much going for you, I can't see this holding you back at all.

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you didn't get to play the tri's. Maybe next year! Can't wait to see you!

1:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home